Allied Health – Physical Therapy Assistant
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Physical Therapy Assistant
LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX
SHIFT: Days, Mon-Fri
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
A Physical Therapy Assistant, or Physical Therapy Aide, supports Physical Therapists in helping patients who are recovering from injuries, management of pain and restore their mobility. Their main duties include preparing therapy equipment for appointments, massaging and stretching patients’ muscles and sanitizing therapy areas.
- Counsel patients and their families on what to do following treatment.
- Observe the patients they are working with before, during and after therapy and report notes to the Physical Therapist.
- Assign specific exercises for the patient and help the patients do these exercises.
- Use devices, such as walkers, and other equipment to help patients regain movement and reduce pain.
- Use a variety of techniques, including stretching exercises and massage, to treat patients.
- Assist patients when moving to and from the therapy area.
- Observe patients before, during and after undergoing therapy sessions and take consistent notes of their progress and health status for the Physical Therapist to review.
- Complete clerical duties like scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, emails and sanitizing the therapy rooms after sessions.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Associate degree in a Physical Therapy Assistant program (PTA) required.
- PTA Certification required.
- New grads welcome but one (1) year experience preferred.
- CPR Certification required.
- Ability to lift patients and help them move.
- Ability to read and execute detailed instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Compassion and empathy.
- Good attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of anatomy.
- Knowledge of PT stretches and exercises.
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, i4 Search Group has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.
This Physical Therapist job opening last updated on 01/25/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on PTJobSite.com.
ABOUT i4 SEARCH GROUP i4 Search Group is a national leader in permanent placement recruiting solutions, providing Facilities with Highly Skilled Healthcare Professionals At i4 we believe that healthcare is a basic human right, and we serve an important support role in facilitating that right. It’s a responsibility we take very seriously. We have dedicated Market Partners, responsible for defined geographic territories — and dedicated to specific subsets of job titles like Nursing, Advanced Practice Professionals, Allied Health Professionals, and Administrative & Leadership roles. Our role is to improve the careers of healthcare heroes, and support the companies who employ them with full time, permanent placement solutions.Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company